INSERT ENTITY TOOL FOR UNICODE CONVERSION (XMETAL)
- Planned system-wide conversion to hexcode meant potential problems for users (copyeditors), who were accustomed to identifying entities in “named” format
- Create system to allow user to identify and insert entities based on three factors: glyph, “named” entity, and hexcode
- New system designed to be completely configurable in-house (addition of new entities; correction to entities)
- Creation of completely configurable (in-house) “entity sets” allows for more rapid selection of required entity
- New system can display either glyph and “named”, or glyph and hexcode, or all three versions
- New system can be configured in-house to insert either the “named” entity or the hexcode into the background coding
1. User selects tool from XMetaL drop-down menu
2. “NRC Insert Entity” dialog box pops open
3. User utilizes drop-down menu to pick from several “entity sets”.
4. Upon selection, entity is inserted into manuscript.